Registration Now Open for NORA Clinical Skills Pre-conference and Annual General Conference
Registration is now open for the Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Association, International (NORA) Clinical Skills Pre-Conference (September 20-21) and 27th annual General Conference (September 21-23) at the Hyatt Regency in St. Louis, MO.
Clinical Skills Pre-conference (Thursday, 9/20 - Friday, 9/21)
The Clinical Skills program provides 14 hours of continuing education and includes both hands-on and lecture style presentations. It offers three different levels which run concurrently and cannot be taken simultaneously.
- Skills Level I – An introduction to anatomy and physiology in relation to traumatic brain injury rehabilitative care, with a specific focus on the principles and application of Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation.
- Skills Level II – Provides advanced applications of general rehabilitation and Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation.
- Advanced NORA Symposium – Includes two different speakers/topics:
- Lyme Disease - Leading experts will discuss a multidisciplinary approach and provide case studies regarding the management and rehabilitation of patients diagnosed with Lyme disease
- Nutrition - Topics covered include neurobiological, genomic and neuro-immune testing and treatment modalities for traumatic brain injury and neuro-immune syndromes.
General Conference (Friday, 9/21- Sunday, 9/23)
The NORA General Conference offers up to 14 additional hours of continuing education for optometrists and allied professionals. “NORA is committed to encouraging an interdisciplinary team approach among all professionals who provide rehabilitative services to individuals who have suffered a traumatic brain injury and we excited to offer lecturers with different areas of expertise,” says NORA president Susan Daniel, O.D.